Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting users on MacBook Air

I somehow created multiple users each time I tried to use the Migration Assistant to go from old PC to this my new MacBook Air. I tried to follow the instructions, but it's been "deleting" the four extra users I created for at least 4 hours now and I can't use other things. Do I just have to wait? or did I do something wrong and it shouldn't take this long? Thanks in advance for your help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 9:44 AM

Hi there MattnPS,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re having trouble deleting users on your Mac. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

This resource provides great information on starting your Mac into safe mode to resolve issues, we’d advise starting your Mac in safe mode and then using the steps in the resource below to delete a user account:

Delete a user or group on Mac

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 9:44 AM in response to MattnPS

Hi there MattnPS,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though you’re having trouble deleting users on your Mac. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

This resource provides great information on starting your Mac into safe mode to resolve issues, we’d advise starting your Mac in safe mode and then using the steps in the resource below to delete a user account:

Delete a user or group on Mac

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

Deleting users on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.