Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant

I used migration assistant to move my info from old MacBook Air to new MacBook Air. It stalled out so I redid it - and now I have two users (two of myself) on my same computer.

How do I get rid of one of my users???

Also, where is Macbook air hard drive icon on my desk top - like it was on my old computer.

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 6:52 PM

System Preferences > Users and Groups

Click the lock to make changes

Identify the user account to delete.

Click on the - (minus/delete) button at the foot of the list of user accounts. Confirm the deletion. The Mac does the rest.

*This will work only in an administrator account, which presumably is both of your new accounts

Where is Macbook air hard drive icon on my desk top

Have it displayed on your desktop by telling your Mac to show it:

Finder > Preferences > General tab > Click on the Hard Discs option. In fact click on all four options offered there.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 6:52 PM in response to NancyP2021

System Preferences > Users and Groups

Click the lock to make changes

Identify the user account to delete.

Click on the - (minus/delete) button at the foot of the list of user accounts. Confirm the deletion. The Mac does the rest.

*This will work only in an administrator account, which presumably is both of your new accounts

Where is Macbook air hard drive icon on my desk top

Have it displayed on your desktop by telling your Mac to show it:

Finder > Preferences > General tab > Click on the Hard Discs option. In fact click on all four options offered there.

Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.