Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading photos from Cloud

My iphone 6 will not download photos from Cloud because of lack of space. Only 11GB OF 50GB is in use. It has been attempting the download for 12 hours with no success. I have tried restarting my phone.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 3:22 PM

It's because of a lack of storage space on your device - About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support, then do the following -

Free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 3:22 PM in response to chefmomster2

It's because of a lack of storage space on your device - About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support, then do the following -

Free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

Downloading photos from Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.