Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Issue?

Recently, my iPhone has been performing slower than usual and has been either quitting unexpectedly from apps or not even allowing an app to open. I realize that this is a storage issue, as I have experiences similar in the past, however even when I delete a significant amount of photos/emails/texts/unused apps/etc. the storage continues to increase rapidly. I have not been able to truly use my phone for a few days now, as texting and calling have now too been affected. Please let me know if you can help, I would greatly appreciate it :)

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 3:35 PM

"Other" may be consumed by assorted items. Some possibilities:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 3:35 PM in response to JuliaRamsey

"Other" may be consumed by assorted items. Some possibilities:

Aug 1, 2020 3:25 PM in response to sberman

Hi, thank you for your suggestion! I have done this many times and I have been cutting down significantly in the sections that have been flagged as the higher usage applications, however the category that by far has the most data usage is marked as “other” and does not give me recommendations on how to lower its percentage. Also, even after I delete large chunks of data, it seems yo make no difference. I’m just unsure on how to deal with this because it may be a larger issue.

Storage Issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.