Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac problems

I was working on a project and all of a sudden my iMac goes white and restarts with a bong.

white screen with an apple and progress bar appears. Progress goes about 50% then restarts. Over and over. I tried resetting nvram. Nothing.

any ideas.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 7:58 PM

Try starting up in Safe Mode, as per > How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

If it does, restart normally and test to see if it will stay running.

If it does not startup Safe Mode, startup in macOS Recovery, go to Disk Utility, select your Macintosh HD and see if you can run Repair Disk on the Macintosh HD, as per > How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2020 7:58 PM in response to noraisens

Try starting up in Safe Mode, as per > How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support

If it does, restart normally and test to see if it will stay running.

If it does not startup Safe Mode, startup in macOS Recovery, go to Disk Utility, select your Macintosh HD and see if you can run Repair Disk on the Macintosh HD, as per > How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

iMac problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.