Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook air doesn’t turn on.. even by chance it turns on as i type in my password and get in it crashes completely.. is there a way i fix it?

Is there any way i can make it work?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 6:35 PM

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (for the non-Retina models hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes).

Try booting into Safe Mode.

See if you can run the Apple Diagnostics.

Check your charger and charging port in case you have a power/battery issue:

Magsafe Charger Troubleshooting (for MBAir 2017 and earlier non-Retina models)

USB-C Charger Troubleshooting (for Retina model MBAir)

It sounds like you likely have a hardware issue which will need to be repaired. Have Apple or an AASP examine your laptop if none of these things work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 6:35 PM in response to 14kash

Try an SMC reset and a PRAM reset (for the non-Retina models hold the PRAM reset for at least three chimes).

Try booting into Safe Mode.

See if you can run the Apple Diagnostics.

Check your charger and charging port in case you have a power/battery issue:

Magsafe Charger Troubleshooting (for MBAir 2017 and earlier non-Retina models)

USB-C Charger Troubleshooting (for Retina model MBAir)

It sounds like you likely have a hardware issue which will need to be repaired. Have Apple or an AASP examine your laptop if none of these things work.

My macbook air doesn’t turn on.. even by chance it turns on as i type in my password and get in it crashes completely.. is there a way i fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.