Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a message "This update is not available for this Apple ID because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

I bought my Macbook pro a couple of days ago and it already shows me that I have to update some applications. (garage band, keynote, numbers, and pages) When I click on update it shows this message., " This update is not available for this apple id because it was bought by a..." I then click on "ok" and now the applications have an "open" button where the "update" button used to be. The only problem is that my App Store icon still shows the notifications on it reminding me that these applications still need to be updated. How can I properly update these applications?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:12 AM

In the Mac App Store, open the list of purchases and accept them into your Apple ID; alternatively, you can delete and redownload them, but this shouldn't be done with paid applications on a custom-ordered Mac.

(182837)

1 reply

I get a message "This update is not available for this Apple ID because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or cancelled."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.