Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I create an additional apple ID

My husband and I have been sharing one Apple ID account for two iphones for several years - we want to set up a family share so that we can have our own pictures on our phones and still share the icloud storage, purchased apps etc. but not have them on both phones. I can't seem to find instructions on creating an additional id- he already has "our Apple ID on his phone" how do we create a new one for him and replace it on his iphone and not mess up my ID (our original one) ?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 10:23 AM

What really needs to happen to do this correctly is completely erase his phone using the instructions here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then have him go through the setup process on his phone. He can create his own Apple ID using his email address during the setup if he doesn't already have one.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 10:23 AM in response to beverly284

What really needs to happen to do this correctly is completely erase his phone using the instructions here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then have him go through the setup process on his phone. He can create his own Apple ID using his email address during the setup if he doesn't already have one.

How Do I create an additional apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.