Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to log in apple id on a macbook air 2011

Hi, my previous boss has handed me a 2011 macbook air which was never used because they do not know how to use a macbook, I rebooted it using Command + R and IOS is 10.7.5. But everytime I will log in my apple id and password, it says “unrecognizable apple id”. Although it sends a verification code to my ipad,there is no space to write the verification code on macbook air. It will automatically say unrecogized apple id and password. Thanks!

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 5:34 PM

The easiest and most appropriate thing to do is to completely erase that Mac so that you can set it up as your own. Read What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support.

Although it sends a verification code to my ipad,there is no space to write the verification code on macbook air. It will automatically say unrecogized apple id and password.

If you are motivated to resolve that, in the early days of two-step Apple ID verification Apple explained the way to authenticate was to "Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices."

In Lion (the macOS installed on that Mac) that instruction is meant to be followed literally. When you enter your password, append the six digit verification code you received to it.

In other words if your Apple ID password is My2FluffyKittens and the six digit code sent to your iPad is 123456, then type My2FluffyKittens123456 in the password field.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 5:34 PM in response to Khrizteen

The easiest and most appropriate thing to do is to completely erase that Mac so that you can set it up as your own. Read What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support.

Although it sends a verification code to my ipad,there is no space to write the verification code on macbook air. It will automatically say unrecogized apple id and password.

If you are motivated to resolve that, in the early days of two-step Apple ID verification Apple explained the way to authenticate was to "Type your password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices."

In Lion (the macOS installed on that Mac) that instruction is meant to be followed literally. When you enter your password, append the six digit verification code you received to it.

In other words if your Apple ID password is My2FluffyKittens and the six digit code sent to your iPad is 123456, then type My2FluffyKittens123456 in the password field.

unable to log in apple id on a macbook air 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.