Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought an iPhone 11 Pro Max second hand and it is iCloud locked

Hello, I recently bought a iPhone 11 Pro Max second hand and it is iCloud locked and I can’t contact the person who sold it to me. I checked the imei and it isn’t stolen so how do I go about unlocking it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 8:26 PM

jacqueslyn Said:

"Hello, I recently bought a iPhone 11 Pro Max second hand and it is iCloud locked and I can’t contact the person who sold it to me. I checked the imei and it isn’t stolen so how do I go about unlocking it?"

-------

Take this as a learning experience:

The next time you purchase an Apple device, then make sure that you can log into it. Have the original user use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Request that you are able to log into it, and assign it to your account, prior to having over the money. If the seller dis-abides by those rules, then do not proceed with the purchase.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 8:26 PM in response to jacqueslyn

jacqueslyn Said:

"Hello, I recently bought a iPhone 11 Pro Max second hand and it is iCloud locked and I can’t contact the person who sold it to me. I checked the imei and it isn’t stolen so how do I go about unlocking it?"

-------

Take this as a learning experience:

The next time you purchase an Apple device, then make sure that you can log into it. Have the original user use this site: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Request that you are able to log into it, and assign it to your account, prior to having over the money. If the seller dis-abides by those rules, then do not proceed with the purchase.

Aug 2, 2020 8:25 PM in response to jacqueslyn

jacqueslyn Said:

-------

Only they Cannot Unlock it - not you.

If you cannot contact the original user, then the iPhone is useless to you.

So, contact the original user.

If you purchased this over the internet (i.e. eBay), then contact the Web site, and see if the seller can be help accountable, and if you can get your money back.

Bought an iPhone 11 Pro Max second hand and it is iCloud locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.