Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible Virus

So I recently -very accidentally- opened an adult site via a pop-up that appeared last second. I closed out as soon as I could, but I didnt see that there was a second tab opened - warning that I had 13 viruses and my phone was 68% compromised and to download the Protection 360 app. Tbh I freaked out an downloaded it, only to find out later through research that I am SO not supposed to do that. I then Cleared my website history and cookies and reset my phone to factory settings. Is there anything I can do to see if there are actually viruses on that phone now? Because I am honestly a little scared to use it...

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 9:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 11:00 PM

it's a scam

on a non jailbroken ios device the only way one can install software of any type malware included is apples app store

a website, mail or sms can't install new software on it

but a website or likes can say you have virus and hackers and covid19 and what have you not, and attempt to sell you something or attempt to get you to type in your password and appleID to steal your identity

read more

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 11:00 PM in response to Starynight020

it's a scam

on a non jailbroken ios device the only way one can install software of any type malware included is apples app store

a website, mail or sms can't install new software on it

but a website or likes can say you have virus and hackers and covid19 and what have you not, and attempt to sell you something or attempt to get you to type in your password and appleID to steal your identity

read more

Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Possible Virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.