Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

encryption password for backup

i forgot my encrypted backup password i also reset all settings but i dont work can you please tell me another way to open my backup and restore it

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 3:31 AM

If you stored your iPhone backups locally on a Mac here is something that might work.

Applications>Other,>Key Chain Access

search for "backup"

Double click "iOS Backup"

Check show password

Enter your computers login password. It should then reveal the password you used to encrypt your iPhone backups

(I can't remember if iOS backup is the default name of these files or if there is an option to use different name. You may have to search for another term if you named your file differently)

If this doesn't work for you, you can also check to see if you stored any backups of your iPhone in iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 3:31 AM in response to xam3er

If you stored your iPhone backups locally on a Mac here is something that might work.

Applications>Other,>Key Chain Access

search for "backup"

Double click "iOS Backup"

Check show password

Enter your computers login password. It should then reveal the password you used to encrypt your iPhone backups

(I can't remember if iOS backup is the default name of these files or if there is an option to use different name. You may have to search for another term if you named your file differently)

If this doesn't work for you, you can also check to see if you stored any backups of your iPhone in iCloud.

encryption password for backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.