Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing an old backup on Time Capsule

Is there any other way of accessing the TC contents other than through the time machine? I have an old backup on TC which is NOT showing/accessible through the time-machine interface nor does it yield any further steps in the finder, it gets to the ..MacBookPro.backupbundle and offers no further (obvious) ways of unpacking it. There is something in that old backup I'd like, how can I get in?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 10:40 AM

Once you get to the backupbundle, double click on that file and another disk named Time Machine Backups should appear on the desktop.if you have permission to open the file

Open Time Machine Backups

Open Backups.backupdb

Open the name of the Mac

A list backups with different dates will appear

Choose the date that you want to work with and open that file

Be very careful not to change a file in any way, as this can create a corruption issue.

Opne Macintosh HD -Data

Open Users

Keep drilling down to find the files that you need

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 10:40 AM in response to Ed5CC

Once you get to the backupbundle, double click on that file and another disk named Time Machine Backups should appear on the desktop.if you have permission to open the file

Open Time Machine Backups

Open Backups.backupdb

Open the name of the Mac

A list backups with different dates will appear

Choose the date that you want to work with and open that file

Be very careful not to change a file in any way, as this can create a corruption issue.

Opne Macintosh HD -Data

Open Users

Keep drilling down to find the files that you need

Accessing an old backup on Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.