Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music library did not transfer to new phone?

I upgraded to an iPhone 11 pro max from a 8 Plus. My complete iTunes music library did not transfer over from my 8 Plus. Any idea why? Only a partial transfer was completed. Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 10:47 AM

My old phone 8 and Mac book both have 2,784 items and my new iPhone only has 549 items in iTunes. SYNC is on. For some reason my new iPhone iTunes will not update to match my other two devises. Any help or suggestions? Thank you.

3 replies

Aug 3, 2020 6:28 AM in response to Tribs

Turn on Sync Library

With the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS, Sync Library is turned on by default. If you turned off Sync Library, you can turn it back on. Just follow the steps below for your device.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Turn on Sync Library. If you don't subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, you won’t see an option to turn on Sync Library.

If Sync Library is updating or turned off, you'll see a message at the top of the Library tab in the Apple Music app.

A backup from your a computer doesn't include:

• Content from the iTunes and App Stores, or PDFs downloaded directly to Apple Books
  • Content synced from iTunes, like imported MP3s or CDs, videos, books, and photos
  • Data already stored in iCloud, like iCloud Photos, iMessages, and text (SMS) and multimedia (MMS) messages
  • Face ID or Touch ID settings
  • Apple Pay information and settings
  • Apple Mail data
  • Activity, Health, and Keychain data (to back up this content, you'll need to use Encrypted Backup in iTunes.)

Music library did not transfer to new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.