Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

But how can I download my raw photo in raw rather then jpeg on my mac?

I've uploaded my raw pictures on my gallery through icloud.

Now I need to download the original file in raw and not in jpeg, how can I do this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 6:48 AM

Are you using the Photos.app or are you downloading the image files from www.icloud.com?

• Photos for Mac is using the original RAW files, if it is syncing with iCloud Photos, and you can export the RAW files by selecting the images in Photos and using the command "File > Export > Export unmodified Original".
  • To download the files from iCloud using the web browser: When you click the Downloads button in Photos at www.icloud.com, did you select the unmodified original? By default you will get the preview of the edited version.

Be sure to download the originals by using the hidden "v" menu in the lower right corner of the Download button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 6:48 AM in response to Pavolo

Are you using the Photos.app or are you downloading the image files from www.icloud.com?

• Photos for Mac is using the original RAW files, if it is syncing with iCloud Photos, and you can export the RAW files by selecting the images in Photos and using the command "File > Export > Export unmodified Original".
  • To download the files from iCloud using the web browser: When you click the Downloads button in Photos at www.icloud.com, did you select the unmodified original? By default you will get the preview of the edited version.

Be sure to download the originals by using the hidden "v" menu in the lower right corner of the Download button.

But how can I download my raw photo in raw rather then jpeg on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.