Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep Wake Failure in EFI

Hi,

I have a 2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch. Within few 2 hours of receiving the product. I faced auto restart after the laptop hangs with a loud fan noise multiple times and also I keep getting the Sleep Wake Failure in EFI whenever I put the laptop to sleep and open it.

Does anyone have any solution for the same?

Tried SMC reset, NVRAM reset, Reinstalling macOS Catalina.

Updating to 10.15.6 Catalina helped with the self shutdown during the work. But the sleep wake failure keeps occurring again and again.

This seems to be a problem faced by many after looking at various forums and websites. Is there any solution that has actually worked?

Is this a hardware problem or a software problem? I have spent a lot of money on this and getting this sort of behaviour from a premium laptop is not something that is acceptable.

Thanks.

Edit: I tried the links given in this thread (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250885678) from an earlier discussion but it was not helpful in my case.

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:34 PM

Hey ykc95,

We see you're having an issue with your Mac unexpectedly restarting and also getting Sleep Wake Failure in EFI. We'd like to get you pointed in the right direction

Since the issue is still happening after going through those troubleshooting steps, please reach out to Apple support team here: Get Support

Have a great day.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 12:34 PM in response to ykc95

Hey ykc95,

We see you're having an issue with your Mac unexpectedly restarting and also getting Sleep Wake Failure in EFI. We'd like to get you pointed in the right direction

Since the issue is still happening after going through those troubleshooting steps, please reach out to Apple support team here: Get Support

Have a great day.

Sleep Wake Failure in EFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.