Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup an extended Wi-Fi network using a spare Apple Extreme Base Station.

I recently changed my main router from an AEBS to another TPLINK router. Therefore, my main Wi-Fi station is not Apple. However, the signal on a part the house is rather weak, and having a spare AEBS, I tried to set it up as a repeater to extend the network. I do not intend to use an ethernet cable to connect both stations.

However, I ran into trouble while setting it up, since the AirPort application doesn't even recognize the AEBS, only when it's cable connected to the router. And when it does connect, it doesn't offer an option to create an extended network.

Is setting up a connection like this even possible?

Thanks to all of you for your time.

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 8:45 AM

You can not mix apple routers with non-apple routers, as for it not showing up in airport utility, you might have to reset the Airport Extreme by plugging the Airport extreme into power then getting a pin or something small enough to poke the little button on the back and then push that In for about 10 seconds then you should be able to set it up.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 8:45 AM in response to Tazik04

You can not mix apple routers with non-apple routers, as for it not showing up in airport utility, you might have to reset the Airport Extreme by plugging the Airport extreme into power then getting a pin or something small enough to poke the little button on the back and then push that In for about 10 seconds then you should be able to set it up.

Setup an extended Wi-Fi network using a spare Apple Extreme Base Station.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.