Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my phone was stolen and they logged in their apple ID, how do I turn off find my iPhone? Since it is their login information and they are not going to get the phone from me again to turn it off with their password. Find my iphone is on.

If my phone was stolen and they logged in their apple ID, how do I turn off find my iPhone? Since it is their login information and they are not going to get the phone from me again to turn it off with their password. Find my iphone is on.The phone has been factory reset. Can I sell the phone as it is and not have issues? Can apple override the stolen phone?

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 3:39 PM

GoinSuperXx wrote:

Yes it was stolen brand new with me never even logging in. It was an Authorized ATT store but of course they never set up the phone.

Why would they have set up the phone unless you asked them to?

So, if you have a receipt, contact Apple and explain the situation. Use the Contact Support link at the top right of every page of these forums.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 3:39 PM in response to GoinSuperXx

GoinSuperXx wrote:

Yes it was stolen brand new with me never even logging in. It was an Authorized ATT store but of course they never set up the phone.

Why would they have set up the phone unless you asked them to?

So, if you have a receipt, contact Apple and explain the situation. Use the Contact Support link at the top right of every page of these forums.

If my phone was stolen and they logged in their apple ID, how do I turn off find my iPhone? Since it is their login information and they are not going to get the phone from me again to turn it off with their password. Find my iphone is on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.