stolen iphone

My phone was stolen two days ago. When I noticed I put it in lost mode immediately though my old iphone( it still says pending but I assume my phone was turned off before I put it in lost mode and the location was last updated one hour after it was stolen). In the meantime I’ve changed my Apple ID password and removed my stolen iPhone as a trusted device from my Apple ID. I can still see my iPhone on find my and it’s still in lost mode. From what I read if you don’t remove your iPhone from your account even if the stolen iPhone is reset it will still be unusable for the thief. What I wanna ask now is since I can still see my iPhone on Find my but have removed it as a trusted device on my account would they be able to reset it and use it?

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:47 PM

if the iphone is still listed in the devices you own in your Apple ID and you didn’t remove it from your account, it’s still yours so any attempt to reset the iphone will ask for your Apple ID password and for a code if you set the two factors authentication

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 19, 2023 3:11 PM in response to Spiti__

Spiti__ wrote:

My phone was stolen two days ago. When I noticed I put it in lost mode immediately though my old iphone( it still says pending but I assume my phone was turned off before I put it in lost mode and the location was last updated one hour after it was stolen). In the meantime I’ve changed my Apple ID password and removed my stolen iPhone as a trusted device from my Apple ID. I can still see my iPhone on find my and it’s still in lost mode. From what I read if you don’t remove your iPhone from your account even if the stolen iPhone is reset it will still be unusable for the thief. What I wanna ask now is since I can still see my iPhone on Find my but have removed it as a trusted device on my account would they be able to reset it and use it?

Find your lost iPhone or iPad with Find My - Apple Support

stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.