Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Stolen Iphone

So my phone was stolen two days ago and I took most of the necessary steps to ensure my iPhone is inaccessible. However, I am still very paranoid that the thief will somehow get into my phone so I have a few questions that have been keeping me up and am hoping someone can answer.

1) I put my phone in lost mode, called my mobile carrier, and reported it stolen, but didn't remotely erase it because I thought it would be untraceable if I did. So now I tried to erase it and my question if my iPhone is offline and has no cellular connection (since my mobile carrier blocked it) will the request to erase it go though?

2) I also wanted to change my Apple ID password for extra security, but I am worried if I do it will sign out of my stolen device. Does it sign out of the stolen device and if so, will it still be trackable and will my request to erase my device go through?

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 5:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2023 3:46 PM

Hi Sophiaj__2023

Commiserations on the stolen iPhone!

Am no expert on the situation, yet am wondering if you have seen Apple Support's online article (link below):

(Article has tips at the bottom for if your iPhone has been stolen)

Find your lost iPhone or iPad with Find My - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Similar questions

1 reply

Stolen Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.