Stolen iPhone

My iPhone got stolen recently and I have tried putting it on lost mode which will be active once the phone has an internet connection, If I plan on getting a new iPhone, is it recommended that I make a new apple id and use it or can I continue with my old Apple id. I'd prefer using my old Apple id, is there any way to disconnect my stolen phone from my Apple id?

I have however gotten a duplicate sim card with the same number so all messages and OTPs come to me.

iPhone 14

Posted on May 9, 2023 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 11:57 PM

Check this article about Apple's recommendations in such a case:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

As long as the Activation Lock is active, no other person can use your phone.

You can set it up to be erased remotely, as soon as it is connected to a data network.

Removing your iPhone from the list of registered devices will disable the Activation Lock.

You should keep on using your old Apple ID, since all purchases are connected to this Apple ID.

For security reasons, changing the Apple ID password might be a good idea:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 11:57 PM in response to elisheba176

Check this article about Apple's recommendations in such a case:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

As long as the Activation Lock is active, no other person can use your phone.

You can set it up to be erased remotely, as soon as it is connected to a data network.

Removing your iPhone from the list of registered devices will disable the Activation Lock.

You should keep on using your old Apple ID, since all purchases are connected to this Apple ID.

For security reasons, changing the Apple ID password might be a good idea:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.