Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOSUtilties does not have a WiFi in its menubar

macOSUtilties does not have a WiFi in its menubar and won't recognize a direct ethernet connection for me to complete the OS installation. I am unable to proceed the insall from a bootable USB or from Internet since I don't have the option to setup WiFi and not connecting via a direct ethernet cable either. Please help as I have exhausted online search for a solution. Tried everything recommended to date Thanks

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 10:17 PM

Are you able to perform the following two tasks?

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

If you weren't able to or the tasks above ddid not help then the issue is probably directly to hardware. Most likely the network/WiFi module. At this point, I would recommend that you have your Mac examined at the Appel Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 10:17 PM in response to obisi7

Are you able to perform the following two tasks?

1. Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-
  2. Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

If you weren't able to or the tasks above ddid not help then the issue is probably directly to hardware. Most likely the network/WiFi module. At this point, I would recommend that you have your Mac examined at the Appel Store or at an Authorized Service Center.

Axel F.

macOSUtilties does not have a WiFi in its menubar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.