Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on activation lock

recently got my iphone back from my ex but cannot do anything with it because instead of erasing it he removed it, i now cannot get passed the activation lock with his icloud that was last linked to it. ive tried using itunes to update/restore it but I am having no luck with that either...someone please help!!!!

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 8:29 PM

Send him this link and tell him to follow the last set of instructions. If he's certain that he's using the correct Apple ID and the iPhone doesn't appear in the list, see the second part of my first sentence above.

If an attempt to remove the iPhone from an Apple ID doesn't take, the Apple ID involved can no longer be used to unlock it.

(182881)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 8:29 PM in response to bloxam20

Send him this link and tell him to follow the last set of instructions. If he's certain that he's using the correct Apple ID and the iPhone doesn't appear in the list, see the second part of my first sentence above.

If an attempt to remove the iPhone from an Apple ID doesn't take, the Apple ID involved can no longer be used to unlock it.

(182881)

stuck on activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.