Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Activation Lock

Hi,

I've been having many issues trying to open my second-hand bought iPhone 11 recently switched from a previous generation of iPhone. It is stuck on activation lock, as the previous owner has not turned it off, and is no longer in reach. Must I buy another phone? It has basically become unusable in such a case, which is a waste of time and money if I cannot get it to function properly. Please advise.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 2:08 PM

tzipporahfaith wrote:

Hi,
I've been having many issues trying to open my second-hand bought iPhone 11 recently switched from a previous generation of iPhone. It is stuck on activation lock, as the previous owner has not turned it off, and is no longer in reach. Must I buy another phone? It has basically become unusable in such a case, which is a waste of time and money if I cannot get it to function properly. Please advise.

Yes that phone is useless to you. There is no way to remove the activation lock without the previous owners information

read here Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 2:08 PM in response to tzipporahfaith

tzipporahfaith wrote:

Hi,

Yes that phone is useless to you. There is no way to remove the activation lock without the previous owners information

read here Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support .

iCloud Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.