Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Air 2:Changing contrast

My iPad suddenly has high contrast colors on display

While browsing Facebook, my iPad has randomly changed all the colors displayed on the screen to be of high contrast. This happened without me changing any settings whatsoever, it happened out of the blue. I have tried going into Settings>General>Accessibility and found out that it wasn't the invert colors causing the problem. I played around with the settings and to no avail, did not find a solution. I also restarted the iPad still no change. I did not drop my iPad recently. I have researched online that hitting my iPad on the back a few times may fix the problem,tried it, did not work. Everything else is working fine on this iPad except the colors. How do I fix this problem?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 2:04 AM

Physically abusing your iPad is not going to help.

Perhaps start with settings reset:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings (this reset is settings only - no data will be erased from your iPad)

If the reset offers no improvement, a Factory Reset of the iPad is recommended:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

The Factory Reset will reset the iPad, install a fresh copy of iPadOS and wipe all locally stored data. At conclusion of the reset process, you can restore your data from your iCloud/iTunes backup.

Should it be necessary, you might seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. The Contact Support link is at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 2:04 AM in response to Jim-Halls

Physically abusing your iPad is not going to help.

Perhaps start with settings reset:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings (this reset is settings only - no data will be erased from your iPad)

If the reset offers no improvement, a Factory Reset of the iPad is recommended:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

The Factory Reset will reset the iPad, install a fresh copy of iPadOS and wipe all locally stored data. At conclusion of the reset process, you can restore your data from your iCloud/iTunes backup.

Should it be necessary, you might seek assistance directly from from Apple Support. The Contact Support link is at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate a support case using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

IPad Air 2:Changing contrast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.