Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching from PP

2 questions - in premiere Pro I put clips to the right of the timeline that I'm not gonna use until later in the edit… kind of as a holding place when I move stuff around… Is there a way to do that in final cut? I assume if I hit E etc. it will place a new clip after those clips way out to the right…

Also, did a test where I laid a bunch of clips on the timeline and then saved it as an MP4… The save took less than 30 seconds… Pretty amazing! But my question is -my background tasks were still rendering… some at 0%. What is this file? It was a 98MB 1:30 length file, which would be about right. It can't be a full resolution without first render right? And for cleint deliveries, do I need to wait to save until all rendering is doe for full resolution?

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 6:53 AM

If you want to park clips in the timeline put a gap clip Opt-W at the end of the project. E will then add the clips after the gap.

Switch off background rendering in preferences. Only render what really needs to be rendered. You don’t have to render to export.

Similar questions

1 reply

Switching from PP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.