Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems opening Keynote

Sometimes (not always) when I try to open a keynote presentation, it tells me I need to update keynote - however, I already have the latest version and it does still sometimes open the files I'm clicking on. What can i do to make it work properly?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:04 AM

You can confirm the Keynote version by opening Keynote - go the the Keynote menu and select About Keynote.

If its not Keynote 10.1, do the following:

• remove keynote by going to the Applications folder, click to select then File > Move to trash
  • empty the trash - click on the desktop to to select the Finder, then Finder > Empty Trash
  • open the App Store application, sign in with your Apple ID, search for Keynote then click the download button

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 3:04 AM in response to apavement

You can confirm the Keynote version by opening Keynote - go the the Keynote menu and select About Keynote.

If its not Keynote 10.1, do the following:

• remove keynote by going to the Applications folder, click to select then File > Move to trash
  • empty the trash - click on the desktop to to select the Finder, then Finder > Empty Trash
  • open the App Store application, sign in with your Apple ID, search for Keynote then click the download button

Problems opening Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.