Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi there! My Apple TV in the Bluetooth mode just keeps searching for devices to pair. All devices can read the Apple TV and give a pairing code, but the Apple TV keeps searching. What needs to be done with the Apple TV? I

My Apple TV in the Bluetooth mode keeps searching for devices but never lists them. All of the devices I would like to pair have discovered the Apple TV (Peloton and MAC computer) and gives a pair code, but the Apple TV never displays any devices to pair with. I have already restarted the Apple TV and made sure all devices are on the same internet. Would love some advice!

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:17 AM

Mac does not pair with Apple TV over Bluetooth, you would need to use Airplay to stream content. As for other devices, if you are using an older Apple TV model then can only pair with BT keyboards. You would need to make sure you have an Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K (5th gen) in order to pair with others.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 11:17 AM in response to Bluetooth101AppTV

Mac does not pair with Apple TV over Bluetooth, you would need to use Airplay to stream content. As for other devices, if you are using an older Apple TV model then can only pair with BT keyboards. You would need to make sure you have an Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K (5th gen) in order to pair with others.

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen - Apple Support

Use Bluetooth accessories with your Apple TV - Apple Support

Aug 5, 2020 11:40 AM in response to QuickPost

I would like to project my Peloton screen onto my Tv via my Apple TV. The peloton discovers the Apple TV and gives me a pair code. The Apple TV however does not find the peloton and just keeps searching when I am in Bluetooth mode. It does not provide me with a pair code entry option. I have restarted the Apple TV and have made sure that both the Peloton and Apple TV are on the same internet. Not sure why the Apple TV will not pair with the Peloton.

Hi there! My Apple TV in the Bluetooth mode just keeps searching for devices to pair. All devices can read the Apple TV and give a pairing code, but the Apple TV keeps searching. What needs to be done with the Apple TV? I

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.