Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixed layout epub won't zoom

I'm doing a fixed layout epub in Pages 10.1. When I open the exported epub in books, it won't zoom. I tried mac, iphone, iPad

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 12:13 PM

In macOS Mojave 10.14.6, I can export a Pages document to EPUB (fixed), and when opened in Books, I can press ⌘+ to expand the size of the document window, or ⌘0 (zero) to restore it. There are no other zoom controls available in Books.

5 replies

Aug 4, 2020 12:31 PM in response to VikingOSX

Interesting, that's a different, albeit valid, meaning of zoom.

I was thinking that it would operate the way "pinch to zoom" works on many pdf readers on iOS in that you can zoom in "further than full page" allowing you to see photo details, etc. (Preview also works this way on a mac with a trackpad)

epub documents created in iBooks Author support this "pinch to zoom" functionality support this functionality on mac and iOS

Aug 4, 2020 3:00 PM in response to richardfromallston

Although Apple added features to Pages v10.1 that allowed it to open iBooks Author documents, it is not a replacement application at this time. If you are using a Trackpad, and its System Preferences : Scroll & Zoom : Zoom in or out feature is selected — and you still cannot use this form of zoom in a Pages generated EPUB when viewed in Books, then it likely is a feature unique to iBooks Author generated documents.

Fixed layout epub won't zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.