Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you prolong your notification vibration on Apple watch?

My husband is hearing impaired and I work night shifts as a nurse. We are trying to find a baby monitor that will send a notification to an Apple Watch and vibrate long enough to wake him up. We have spoken to customers who use certain wifi monitors such as the Nanit and lollipop. They have been Able to connect to their Apple Watch to receive notifications for the baby monitor but unfortunately the vibration is to short to actually wake someone from their sleep. He currently uses his Fitbit as an alarm and it vibrates long enough to wake him up so we are looking for something similar. I emailed nanit and they said I would need to talk to Apple support to see if there is a way of adjusting these settings.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 2:50 PM

Hi there,

You can set two different haptic settings on your Apple Watch. Apple provides a support article for managing your Watch notification settings here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204793

You would be interested in the "Manage Haptic Alerts" section of the page

1 reply

Can you prolong your notification vibration on Apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.