Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Time Capsule Connection

I have an iMac running 10.15.6 and an Airport Time Capsule. When I connect to the TC as a WIFI router and run Time Machine, everything runs as expected. I complete backups and everything runs as expected.

I have an eero WIFI system in my home. As I do not want my Airport Time Capsule to conflict with the eero signal, I have turned off the WIFI on the Airport TC, and connect to an eero router through ethernet cable. When run Time Machine, I get an error saying that it is unable to complete the backup. I am able to use it to save and open files. I was told, in response, to a previous post, that this was due to the TC disc starting to fail.

But since I can get TC to run when I connect to the TC through a WIFI network, I am wondering if there is a setting in Time Machine that only works when connected via WIFI? Am I right?

Thanks

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 12:40 PM

I spoke with Apple yesterday and was told there is a problem that Apple engineers are aware of in 10.15.6 that causes a problem when Norton Security and/or Office AutoUpdate are installed. I deleted Norton Security from my iMac, and Time Machine is backing up as expected. Since I do not have Auto Update in Office turned on, I have left this alone. Now, if Apple will just fix the problem with Norton!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 12:40 PM in response to brenden dv

I spoke with Apple yesterday and was told there is a problem that Apple engineers are aware of in 10.15.6 that causes a problem when Norton Security and/or Office AutoUpdate are installed. I deleted Norton Security from my iMac, and Time Machine is backing up as expected. Since I do not have Auto Update in Office turned on, I have left this alone. Now, if Apple will just fix the problem with Norton!

Airport Time Capsule Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.