Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina installation error

I downloaded the Catalina installation software and have tried upgrading but keep receiving an error message. A screenshot is attached. I've retried over and over again and keep receiving the same error message. Any advice as to how I can resolve my Catalina installation error issue? 

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 2:47 PM

Sorry you are having so many problems. You say you have retried installing it. Did you retry using the same download file? I would put that into the trash and try another download. Sometimes corruption occurs and then it won't properly load. It's better to have your computer directly connected to your modem via a USB cable. If that is not possible, then don't use the internet or the modem during the process.

Also, you hopefully do understand that your old 32 bit programs will no longer run under Catalina. Will that be an issue?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 2:47 PM in response to Bridge680

Sorry you are having so many problems. You say you have retried installing it. Did you retry using the same download file? I would put that into the trash and try another download. Sometimes corruption occurs and then it won't properly load. It's better to have your computer directly connected to your modem via a USB cable. If that is not possible, then don't use the internet or the modem during the process.

Also, you hopefully do understand that your old 32 bit programs will no longer run under Catalina. Will that be an issue?

Aug 5, 2020 7:21 PM in response to Ronasara

Yes, I retired installation with the same downloaded file. Considering it might be corrupt, I will trash it and download a new installer. Because I have not had a similar problem before even with my old 2012 MacBook Pro, I do not know how to delete the downloaded file, and I can’t locate it in my download folder. Would you also let me know into which folder it is usually downloaded?

Catalina installation error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.