Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update bundle package component's bridge version doesn't satisfy minimum requirement

Hi ! Just bought a new MacBook Pro 2020 13" because the repetitve keyboard bug on my 2018 MacBook Pro drove me nuts (I'm a developer and rely on blind typing)

The new MacBook came macOS 10.15.6 installed by the last owner.

I decided to follow my normal procedure to wipe the MacBook and install everything from scratch so I can easily restore the Time Machine image.

However the Catalina installer (booted from network, thus should be newest version) leaves me with a rather unsatisfying message here, that the installation couldn't be completed. A look into the console shows a more concrete error:

"Update bundle package component's bridge version doesn't satisfy minimum requirement"

I also used the Apple Configurator 2 to "revive" by device but it doesn't make any difference .

I assume that the available system image used for the Network Install is lower than 10.5.6 and with the jump to 10.5.6 (which the pre-owner already installed) the bridgeOS got updated.

Is that the case? How can I exit the loop? Is there any chance to force boot a higher, OS version such as Big Sur from the network install?

I'm really annoyed right now, as none of my Macs is really working but a few years back, such problems would never have occurred.

And the local Apple Support has no free slots, while if my ThinkPad would break down I would have pickup service - but it just doesn't... But well, I need Apple hardware to work, so that needs to be solved 🤷🏽‍♂️

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:38 AM

Similar questions

36 replies

Aug 5, 2020 12:55 PM in response to philffm

I have the same issue. 2020 Macbook Pro 13" bought in June.

I've tried all the commands to boot into Recovery mode and install Catalina on a clean harddrive, seems like it only wants to go for internet recovery

Stopped operation queue with Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=602 "Ett fel inträffade vid installation av macOS." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7fe0a6628c90 {Error Domain=BOSErrorDomain Code=110 "The bridgeOS update doesn't satisfy the given minimum version requirement." UserInfo={bridgeVersion=17.16.16065.0.0,0, minimumVersion=17.16.16604.0.0,0, catalogURL=https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.15-10.14-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog, NSLocalizedDescription=The bridgeOS update doesn't satisfy the given minimum version requirement.}}, NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Du kan försöka igen för att slutföra installationen., NSLocalizedDescription=Ett fel inträffade vid installation av macOS.}

Aug  5 19:20:33 MacBook-Pro bosreporter[668]: Submitted logs to CrashReporter

Aug 5, 2020 8:56 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Ah, I see ! thanks for the addition. However it doesn't seem to be working (afaik it is not possible to downgrade the bridgeOS if there was no backup made?) Maybe I can manage to get it working with restoring a time machine backup from USB - I will check further but the problem was apparently found earlier and now getting traction in the Apple community as well - so fingers crossed :)

https://community.twocanoes.com/t/mds-10-15-5-bridgeos-error-on-latest-2020-macbook-pro-13-inch/5096

Aug 5, 2020 2:46 PM in response to philffm

Just to clarify for everyone, they are definitely aware of the issue. I called the normal support line last night (at around 6pm pst) and mentioned our business account, so the woman reached out to business support and confirmed that it was a known issue and they were working on a fix. I also just got off the phone with Enterprise support, who I called since the issue still has not been resolved, and talked to an engineer who discussed the issue with and sent logs to. He said they are working on it and I am far from the only one having the issue. Neither could provide a time table, but this is a show stopping bug, especially since it is affecting physical device reimaging as well, so I am hoping it is resolved soon.

Update bundle package component's bridge version doesn't satisfy minimum requirement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.