Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don’t understand why an article on the internet can’t be opened in MS Word for ipad if it can be opened in other document apps like Bear, Notes apps, etc.

I get so frustrated that I can’t open articles on the internets in MS Word for ipad. I get options for other document writing apps but not Word. I have to do a copy/paste and that is so time consuming and difficult to do.

I have read that if the app you want in the “Open WIth” list isn’t there you have to make sure that app is basically compatible with the document you want to open. But someone said that they did this and also deleted the app and reinstalled it, like was told to do, but that didn’t work. I can’t believe in the year 2020 nobody has figured out how to allow Word to be in the lists of saving, opening, etc. Even if it is a pdf, Word can open pdfs. How do apps like LastPass, Brain Box, Nutstore be in the Open with list because they definitely aren’t compatible with an article on the internet. I think something is definitely wrong with why Apple won’t allow microsoft apps be in the save in or open with lists.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 8:56 AM

Hello,

Microsoft would need to explicitly add this feature to their application.

1 reply

I don’t understand why an article on the internet can’t be opened in MS Word for ipad if it can be opened in other document apps like Bear, Notes apps, etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.