Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which lightning device do I use to transfer photos from my iPad to a thumb or other devices?

Which lightning device do I use to transfer photos from my iPad to other devices?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:25 PM

Hello,

You will need Apple’s Lightning to USB 3 Adapter.

iPadOS supports the following disk formats with a GUID partition scheme:

• macOS Extended journaled — YES Read and Write
  • APFS - Coming in iPadOS 14
  • FAT32 — SOME*
  • exFAT — SOME**
  • NTFS — NO

*iPadOS 13 supports solid state devices formatted as FAT32 such as a SD card. iPadOS 13 does not supports mechanical hard disks formatted as FAT32.

** iPadOS 13 supports disks formatted as exFAT as long as it was formatted with Disk Utility on a Macintosh. The disk cannot be formatted by Windows.

Connect external devices or servers with Files on iPad - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 12:25 PM in response to avrgbb

Hello,

You will need Apple’s Lightning to USB 3 Adapter.

iPadOS supports the following disk formats with a GUID partition scheme:

• macOS Extended journaled — YES Read and Write
  • APFS - Coming in iPadOS 14
  • FAT32 — SOME*
  • exFAT — SOME**
  • NTFS — NO

*iPadOS 13 supports solid state devices formatted as FAT32 such as a SD card. iPadOS 13 does not supports mechanical hard disks formatted as FAT32.

** iPadOS 13 supports disks formatted as exFAT as long as it was formatted with Disk Utility on a Macintosh. The disk cannot be formatted by Windows.

Connect external devices or servers with Files on iPad - Apple Support

Which lightning device do I use to transfer photos from my iPad to a thumb or other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.