Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to not show news headlines from Apple News + ?

In the Apple News App I see headlines for Apple News +, even though I never subscribed to Apple News +. Is there anyway to stop seeing the headlines from Apple News + in my news feed?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:50 PM

Thank you Tesserax! I've seen this question asked before on this forum and it's often misunderstood as "How to cancel AppleNews+, or something like that." Others have suggested choosing Preferences -> "Restrict Stories in Today" but that only restricts stories to news channels you're subscribed to regardless of whether they are News+ or not. So if for example you're subscribed to the Newsweek channel and Newsweek offers a story on News+ you still see the headline.

Not the answer I wanted but it is the Correct Answer: "Readers of Apple News are stuck with seeing AppleNews+ headlines" and there is nothing to be done about it.

Thanks again!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 11:50 PM in response to Tesserax

Thank you Tesserax! I've seen this question asked before on this forum and it's often misunderstood as "How to cancel AppleNews+, or something like that." Others have suggested choosing Preferences -> "Restrict Stories in Today" but that only restricts stories to news channels you're subscribed to regardless of whether they are News+ or not. So if for example you're subscribed to the Newsweek channel and Newsweek offers a story on News+ you still see the headline.

Not the answer I wanted but it is the Correct Answer: "Readers of Apple News are stuck with seeing AppleNews+ headlines" and there is nothing to be done about it.

Thanks again!

Is it possible to not show news headlines from Apple News + ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.