Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to use my iCloud storage instead of the inbuilt iPhone storage. I purchased 50GB of iCloud storage but whenever I want to update my apps the phone still complains of low storage, how can I store app data on my iCloud instead of the iPhone?

I want to use my iCloud storage instead of the inbuilt iPhone storage. I purchased 50GB of iCloud storage but whenever I want to update my apps the phone still complains of low storage, how can I store app data on my iCloud instead of the iPhone?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 11:46 AM

Cloud storage is not a substitute for storage on the device but can help in limited situations. See the information in About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

including the following:

Free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 11:46 AM in response to Gerro_Chaku

Cloud storage is not a substitute for storage on the device but can help in limited situations. See the information in About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

including the following:

Free up space on your device

You can make storage space available on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you use iCloud Photos and turn on Optimize Storage. Or you can remove content from your apps—like photos, music, and Podcasts—or delete the apps that you're not using.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.