Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mail

Somehow I am unable to send via my google smtp address, I receive incoming emails but unable to send and when I go to look at the connection doctor my smtp addresses are gone for the two emails that I use. One of which is an @gmail.com and I have three others none of which work. All SMTP servers are not working or sending. I have to go to the Google and ATT sites to send mail. I am still receiving mail however.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:21 PM

Hi, have you changed your eMail password lately?

Works sometimes even if you haven’t

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, then either check the Password under that item, change it, or delete it and start over.

Enter the part after the @sign in the search bar.

You may have duplicate or more entries in Keychain Access.

If using a browser to login via WebMail works it's not Name or Password, but likely old passwords interfering.

There''ll be at least 2 entries, maybe more.

The trouble is that Mac Mail almost always chooses the old Passwords if you don't change or get rid of the old ones.

Restart to clear some caches.

The big bugaboo with Mail is finding the keychain for any auto setup Mail accounts, if IMAP it usually involves deleting the account & setting it up again to fix it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 5:21 PM in response to Toulouse Lautrec

Hi, have you changed your eMail password lately?

Works sometimes even if you haven’t

Open Keychain Access in Utilities, then either check the Password under that item, change it, or delete it and start over.

Enter the part after the @sign in the search bar.

You may have duplicate or more entries in Keychain Access.

If using a browser to login via WebMail works it's not Name or Password, but likely old passwords interfering.

There''ll be at least 2 entries, maybe more.

The trouble is that Mac Mail almost always chooses the old Passwords if you don't change or get rid of the old ones.

Restart to clear some caches.

The big bugaboo with Mail is finding the keychain for any auto setup Mail accounts, if IMAP it usually involves deleting the account & setting it up again to fix it.

apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.