Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trojan virus on iPhone

Hello so today I was on chrome just searching up things and I got a notification that stated that I am being affected by a Trojan virus so I click on it and it sent me to an apple site and told me I was being affected so I should down this app (TestMax-Protection & Report) and it’s for real. So I downloaded it and first thing it asked me to do was scan the phone and do some checking like tapping and auditory checks and stuff like that and I reloaded it and it scanned my phone and it said I was being affected by a Trojan virus and it was damaging my SIM card but it said for me to pay it $60 which I’m not so what should I do about it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 3:27 AM

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to latest iOS/iPadOS, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Don't share Apple IDs
  2. Don't Jail Break
  3. Don't share sensitive informations pertaining to your device and payment methods
  4. Beware of Phishing

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 3:27 AM in response to JacksonS1764

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to latest iOS/iPadOS, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable informations of your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Don't share Apple IDs
  2. Don't Jail Break
  3. Don't share sensitive informations pertaining to your device and payment methods
  4. Beware of Phishing

Aug 6, 2020 3:56 AM in response to SravanKrA

unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device

iOS is a closed system, an ecosystem, and you can't actually do that.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.5.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.6;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Trojan virus on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.