Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i need a different apple id if i am on family sharing

Does my nephew who is on android need to create his own password for family sharing or do i need to give him mine?

first family sharing experience for us both

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:20 AM

Each member of Family Sharing should have their own Apple ID and password. Family members need to be using Apple products. From the article below.

Invite people to join your family

As long as you all use iOS 8 and later or OS X Yosemite and later, you can add anyone who has an Apple ID to your family. If you have children, use these steps to create their Apple ID and add them to your group. Use the steps below to add someone who already has an Apple ID.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 6:20 AM in response to kelsmasike

Each member of Family Sharing should have their own Apple ID and password. Family members need to be using Apple products. From the article below.

Invite people to join your family

As long as you all use iOS 8 and later or OS X Yosemite and later, you can add anyone who has an Apple ID to your family. If you have children, use these steps to create their Apple ID and add them to your group. Use the steps below to add someone who already has an Apple ID.

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Do i need a different apple id if i am on family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.