Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User profile picture not updated

So I have just changed my user profile picture on the MacBook and it shows up in the settings but when I restart the computer or when I lock the screen i see another picture (in my case the orange football ball) and not the one I have chosen.

I tried to change it many times with no results, how can I fix this?

P.S: I know it's not a big deal but it still bothers me.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2020 5:56 PM

Hello again DavidRT49,

Thanks for the follow-up info. Let's look into what you might be seeing now. Are you seeing one picture when you go to the Apple () menu and click System Preferences? Then are you seeing a different picture when you go to Users & Groups in that same menu? If so, the initial picture is your Apple ID profile photo, and the other is the user login photo. As you've already changed the login photo, follow the. steps here to change the Apple ID picture:

Select your Apple ID picture on Mac

We hope this helps you. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2020 5:56 PM in response to DavidRT49

Hello again DavidRT49,

Thanks for the follow-up info. Let's look into what you might be seeing now. Are you seeing one picture when you go to the Apple () menu and click System Preferences? Then are you seeing a different picture when you go to Users & Groups in that same menu? If so, the initial picture is your Apple ID profile photo, and the other is the user login photo. As you've already changed the login photo, follow the. steps here to change the Apple ID picture:

Select your Apple ID picture on Mac

We hope this helps you. Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Cheers!

Aug 9, 2020 2:21 PM in response to DavidRT49

Hi there DavidRT49,

We certainly understand having your individual preferences show as you like them. We're happy to help you with this issue of your user profile picture not updating correctly. To confirm, are you using the steps shown in this article?

Change a user's picture on Mac

If that doesn't help, are you able to change the profile picture on a test user account and does it show when logging in? How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know if you run into any trouble.

Take care and be safe.

User profile picture not updated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.