Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know why my user picture is blurry on login but not when the screen is locked?

250631056.      it's an old discussion, but has anyone found the solution?

I've changed my user profile picture on my MacBook to a picture which is 1920x1080 and cropped it so it fits into the frame. When I lock my MacBook the user picture is fine, however when I login into my MacBook after it's been turned off the user picture is blurry. I've already seen a question like this but it was just with the login screen, they didn't say about when the screen was locked and it's a 7 year old question, so I thought it may have changed since then, any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 6:53 PM

Gianluke wrote:

250631056. it's an old discussion, but has anyone found the solution?

I've changed my user profile picture on my MacBook to a picture which is 1920x1080 and cropped it so it fits into the frame. When I lock my MacBook the user picture is fine, however when I login into my MacBook after it's been turned off the user picture is blurry. I've already seen a question like this but it was just with the login screen, they didn't say about when the screen was locked and it's a 7 year old question, so I thought it may have changed since then, any help would be appreciated.

you can try a—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 6:53 PM in response to Gianluke

Gianluke wrote:

250631056. it's an old discussion, but has anyone found the solution?

you can try a—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, font cache, etc.

Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Does anyone know why my user picture is blurry on login but not when the screen is locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.