Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support email informing changes has big flaw...

It happened to us today .. which can happen with any of you so be aware of this big flaw and raise your voice...

So a hacker somehow get's into my apple id, here is what hacker does...

• Change Apple Id (Apple ID 1 to Apple ID 2)
  • Able to update the phone number in the account

Now i wake up as the great Apple Support sends us an email which is as follows...it is impossible to reset the account as instructed by email (or atleast 6 hours of call and talking with 5 different Apple reps could not suggest)....

so let us try few things here...

1. which apple id, i should use to login?? the Apple ID 2?? ok, so next, oops i don't know the password, hacker changed it... ok so let us try to do "forgot password" fine.. next screen, Apple asks me to put mobile number,, oppssss... hacker changed it,, now guess will Apple give you any other alternative... oh if you think yes,, ,you are dammm.. wrong.. no other option so end of story....
  2. you want me try with my original Apple ID 1,,, ok fine.. oh no.. Apple refuses to recognize the Apple Ida... can god help, may be but for now.. nothing end of story, you can not move an inch
  3. Ok, is there any other option if you call Apple Support.. no..

Conclusion: Apple by sending this email is doing a checkbox that they have informed you but a big security flaw because it is impossible to recover/reset your account ..

Well many of you will be asking ... how the hacker get into my Apple Id at first place.. once i get to know, may be i will let you know...

Dear <>,
The following changes to your Apple ID, Apple ID 1 were made on August 5, 2020 at 5:40:09 PM GMT+5.50:
Apple ID
Email address(es)
If you did not make these changes or you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you should change your password as soon as possible from your Apple ID account page at appleid.apple.com

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 11″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 6:47 AM

Next time, you might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If hacking attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Apple ID Password Change.     

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 6:47 AM in response to Ajay6071

Next time, you might want to consider changing your password and making sure it is a strong one. You can also add 2 Factor Authentication to your account for more security. If hacking attempts continue, you might want to consider a name change.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Apple ID Password Change.     

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.        

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support    I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID -Two-factor authentication          

Two Factor Authentification availability.     

Apple ID - Using app-specific passwords.     

Apple ID - Two Step Verifications FAQ    

Aug 6, 2020 7:22 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks but your reply did not cover the point I am highlighting that the email from Apple Support is poorly designed and has not considered the scenario that there cases where this email is not useful and provide no avenue to user to recover the account hence it is a checkbox instead of providing a way to recover unauthorized changes.

this whole process relies that nobody can change or hack the Apple account which is sort sighted as it should provide mechanism how original user gets control back as soon as he gets to know on compromise. The only option Apple says is reach out to local authority, now keep yourselves in my shoes where u know that hacker has full access of iCloud with all personal photos, Vedika and probably means to access financial details directly or indirectly and all u can do is reach out to local authorities, remember it is not 911 that you would expect immediate attention, only god know when your complaint will be picked up by authorities

Aug 6, 2020 7:27 AM in response to Ajay6071

One would expect from company like Apple which torch bearer of user security to consider a scenario where which all details of Apple ID changes can make user handicap when it comes to recovery in case it is compromised and put solution to solve this, I mean this is such a basic to know if these 4 things are changed in matter of few hours then delay the effect or control what all changes can be done in given timeframe or worst case provide advance recovery.

hacker was able to change Apple ID password and phone number while I was sleeping in US and by the time I woke up, all done

Aug 6, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Ajay6071

Wow I see you removed certain content of my post by saying it contained the personal information, please help me understand what was personal information. I am going to actually tweet this and ask the world if they consider it personal, this should be common knowledge to your moderator at least that below sample email I put is just representation not actual email

abc@great.com to xyz@bigsecurityflaw.com

Apple Support email informing changes has big flaw...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.