Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS water damaged

iPhone XS was placed inside a fish tank and is now water damaged. I payed hundreds for this phone to also be water proof. It was in the water for less than 5 seconds. which is no where near 30 mins and was at least 3 feet in the water. What can I do ?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 9:28 AM

It is not waterproof. No one ever said it was waterproof.

The time and depth figures cited reflect laboratory testing under controlled conditions.

You will have to pay for a replacement.

You may find this informative: https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002708

6 replies

Aug 6, 2020 10:54 AM in response to MythSoto

No. It is NOT supposed to be "waterproof".

Did you bother reading the article?

It is water resistant to several meters. You should NEVER intentionally immerse anything that's water resistant to anything less than 50 meters.

You got extremely lucky with your iPhone 7.

You can find out of warranty service pricing here: iPhone service pricing

The price for a replacement XS is $549.

Aug 6, 2020 10:29 AM in response to KiltedTim

That doesn’t make sense it supposed to be waterproof that’s the whole reason they removed the aux cord ?! I used to own an iPhone 7 Plus I’d always go in the pool with it and shower with it. Never once had a water damage problem. This phone is much newer so it should be capable of more don’t you think ? So if I have to get it replaced do I have to pay for a whole new one or turn in mines and Pay a fee for a new one ?

Aug 6, 2020 11:38 AM in response to KiltedTim

legit it was 3 inches into the water for just a couple of seconds (5). That shouldn't have affected my phone at all. I Understand u say its not waterproof its water resistant and can't be in the water but not for long. Iv'e had friends that go into the pool with their iPhones and they till work perfectly so either my phone wasn't made right or they shouldn't adverse it being able to submerge into water at all.

iPhone XS water damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.