Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X being water resistant

My iPhone X got damaged due to water during holi celebrations , should I talk to apple to get it repaired as it’s water resistant and it should not have water related damages

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 9:56 PM

Your iPhone X is water resistant but NOT Water Proof. There is a chance that a lot of water got sprayed during the Holi celebrations and some of it got through to the inside of the iPhone. The iPhone X is an older model iPhone introduced several years ago and its water resistance ability is also weaker than it was initially put in the market. Given all of this, Apple can probably repair the iPhone, however, it is not going to be a free repair, in my opinion.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 9:56 PM in response to ravi166

Your iPhone X is water resistant but NOT Water Proof. There is a chance that a lot of water got sprayed during the Holi celebrations and some of it got through to the inside of the iPhone. The iPhone X is an older model iPhone introduced several years ago and its water resistance ability is also weaker than it was initially put in the market. Given all of this, Apple can probably repair the iPhone, however, it is not going to be a free repair, in my opinion.

Axel F.

iPhone X being water resistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.