Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I move photos FROM and external hard drive TO my MacBook Pro?

I am trying to get pictures from my EHD (WD My Book Essential) over to my MacBook Pro. I am able to access the pics from the EHD, but cannot find a way to transfer them to the MacBook. How can I do this?

(And by the way~I'm an old person with little to no computing skills, so think talking to a child! 😍)

Thanks

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:23 AM

If you want them in the Photos app, connect the external drive, launch the Photos app and select File menu > Import, navigate to the location of the photos on the external drive and select the folder(s) they are stored in, then import them.

If you just want to copy them to your internal drive, you can just open both the external drive and your home folder, and just drag-and-drop them where you want them, and Finder will copy them from your external drive to your Mac.

In both cases, the photos on your external drive will be left intact.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 10:23 AM in response to leann261

If you want them in the Photos app, connect the external drive, launch the Photos app and select File menu > Import, navigate to the location of the photos on the external drive and select the folder(s) they are stored in, then import them.

If you just want to copy them to your internal drive, you can just open both the external drive and your home folder, and just drag-and-drop them where you want them, and Finder will copy them from your external drive to your Mac.

In both cases, the photos on your external drive will be left intact.

How can I move photos FROM and external hard drive TO my MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.