Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set No-Ring for "Potential Spam" calls?

Verizon has begun very helpfully showing "Potential Spam" when I get a call from, well, potential spam callers. I love this.

My iPhone allows me to set the phone to not ring when I get calls from numbers I don't want to be disturbed by. This is also very useful.

Is there a way to tell the phone to not ring when Verizon tags the call as potential spam?

Thanks.

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 5:46 PM

Thanks. But I don't want it to block all calls not in my contacts list. I just want the ones Verizon tags as potential spam not to ring. I get enough legitimate calls from people not in my contacts list that I don't want to block them all. But so far Verizon has been really good about tagging spam, so I'd just like to stop those from ringing. They can still leave voicemail, so I'll get the message if the call is legit.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2020 5:46 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks. But I don't want it to block all calls not in my contacts list. I just want the ones Verizon tags as potential spam not to ring. I get enough legitimate calls from people not in my contacts list that I don't want to block them all. But so far Verizon has been really good about tagging spam, so I'd just like to stop those from ringing. They can still leave voicemail, so I'll get the message if the call is legit.

Aug 6, 2020 8:46 PM in response to daniel.q

Some more searching and I found the answer to my own question: Verizon's Call Filter app seems (based on the description) to do exactly what I want. I was looking for a setting on my account page on Verizon's website, and what I needed to look for was an app. There's a pay version ($3/month) that offers added features, but the free version will shunt calls directly to voicemail or (if you prefer) dump them entirely. You can set it for all spam calls, medium & high risk, or high risk only. All I need is to shunt spam calls to voicemail so I'll probably stick with the free version. Thanks to Lawrence and Tim for the hints that sent me in the right direction!

How do I set No-Ring for "Potential Spam" calls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.