Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No boot, cant install :/

Hello community, I decide to reinstall my MacBook Pro 13" and all was okey. I erase SSD and run a installation of new OS under CMD+R. After boot a new OS I sign in under my apple ID and create a new macbook user, BUT I choose a same password what had the user before, so macbook give me a notice "you cant choose same password like user before" - what? :D so I click on "ok or uderstand" and the macbook anyway took the password and log in to system... After log out the macbook did not took the password and i wasnt able to change even via apple ID... No chance to do anything. So I decide to reinstall again and here the problem starts again...

I again erase SSD via disk utility and click on instal the new OS. OS start download from internet, start install and on the very end get notice "We cant install on your computer" - or something like that.

I found that in disk utility I can see the SSD, but not under bootable discs. I try do a boot with CMD+s, select disk and again download from WIFI - same notice "We cant install on your computer".

So I erase SSD again, still not visible under bootable discs. Under CMD+s no disc available anymore.

Now after power on I have only flashing folder.

What all I try?

*install and boot from external HDD - same problem

*erase RAM on boot

*try to install windows from bootable USBflash - not visible

• some basic commands from youtube to run a factory OS installation - folder not found (maybe wrong command)

What I can do more? Took a hammer and look inside? Do some covid19 test? :D I am out of idea...

If you have some I would like to hear and try it. Thank you :)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 12:23 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 7, 2020 9:29 PM in response to PKetr

Question mark

Learn what to do if your Mac starts up to a question mark. Following is a procedure for Internet Recovery:

Internet/Network Recovery of El Capitan or Later on a Clean Disk

If possible, back up your files before proceeding.

1. Restart the computer. Immediately, at or before the chime, hold down the (Command-Option-R) keys until a globe appears.
  2. The Utility Menu will appear in from 5-20 minutes. Be patient.
  3. Select Disk Utility and click on the Continue button.
  4. When Disk Utility loads select the target drive (out-dented entry w/type and size) from the side list.
  5. Click on the Erase button in Disk Utility's toolbar. A panel will drop down.
  6. Set the partition scheme to GUID.
  7. Set the Format type to APFS (SSDs, only if installing Mojave or Catalina ) or Mac OS Extended, (Journaled.)
  8. Provide a volume name, usually "Macintosh HD."
  9. Click on the Apply button, then click on the Done button when it activates.
  10. Quit Disk Utility and return to the Utility Menu.
  11. Select Install OS X and click on the Continue button.

Aug 10, 2020 8:32 AM in response to PKetr

Once the installer has been downloaded and just before it installs you should go to the Utility menu, choose terminal and reset the date and time as per the instructions here https://osxdaily.com/2012/07/04/set-system-time-mac-os-x-command-line/ I suggest you set the year to something lose to the year that 10.11 finished, say 2016. Normally this is only required if installing from USB installer and not from the internet recovery. Remember to put the date back to the correct setting when you're done otherwise your internet won't work properly when you boot up in your new system.

No boot, cant install :/

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.