Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle not showing up in Finder in Catalina

Obviously we know that iTunes is no longer supported in Catalina. My issue is that my iPod shuffle is not appearing in the Finder sidebar like my iPhone and iPad. Was this intentional by Apple because the shuffle is considered obsolete or is it an issue with my shuffle? I have read in some help questions that you can see iPod shuffles in Apple Music's sidebar as well. I haven't seen it there either. Appreciate any assistance in troubleshooting the issue.

iPod Shuffle is 4th Gen, is designed for underwater swimming (has silicone injected into it) by Waterfi. Haven't used it in months because Med school isn't the healthiest lifestyle choice, finally graduated and am now able to get my life back on track.

Mac is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 running Mac OS Catalina v10.15.5 and Apple Music v1.0.5.14.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 8:52 AM

Hi there Elaine Hartly,

We understand you have an issue with your iPod shuffle not being detected in Finder, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, try the steps below to isolate the source of the issue:

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Elaine Hartly

Hi there Elaine Hartly,

We understand you have an issue with your iPod shuffle not being detected in Finder, and we'd like to see if we can assist.

To get started, try the steps below to isolate the source of the issue:

Thanks!

iPod Shuffle not showing up in Finder in Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.