Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you expect 2.2GB space for an update on Series 3 watch?

Apple Watch needs 2.2GB for software Update but the update shows 135MB before I click on download and Install. Even after deleting all the apps my Watch still has 2.9GB used and 1.8GB available. How can I install 2.2GB update.? This is Ridiculous.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 5:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2020 5:25 AM

Try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This helps free a lot of space.

Try unpairing and pairing your watch again and restoring from the backup. This deletes all temp and corrupted files and re-indexes the file system. This helps free a lot of space.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Mort

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2020 5:25 AM in response to SunilDarur

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Mort

Aug 7, 2020 5:41 AM in response to First Magus

Hi,

Doing this causes loss of data on my activity App. This is a know issue and I don’t want to lose my data and achievements. I did this last time and when I restored I was not able to view the closed rings, in fact all rings were 0 for most of the months. When I checked the back up data I do see all of it in my phone but the activity doesn’t show anything. I built my activity again from last few months and I do not want to lose my data again.

How do you expect 2.2GB space for an update on Series 3 watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.